Simple low carb spaghetti noodles.
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line baking pan with foil
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove the innards.
- Lightly coat the flesh of the squash in oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 45 minutes shell side up.
The hardest part is cutting it safely and not taking a long time to do so.
You want to coat the flesh entirely to avoid burning it. If you add minimal oil, it will be slightly crunchy. Leaving a bit more oil in the squash will make it nice and soft.
It is done cooking when you can squeeze it and it feels soft and squishes like an underinflated ball. It should have at least some shell with brown spots.
I like spaghetti squash better than regular noodles for spaghetti. The sweetness compliments the sauce, which can become even better with sweet chili sauce.