Tasty and fluffy keto cinnamon rolls.
Keto Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 1/2 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Erythritol
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Butter melted, split in two
- 3 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Erythritol
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix almond flour and baking powder together.
- Microwave "Dough" cream cheese and mozzarella for a minute. Stir and microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Mix the dry and wet parts of the dough with the egg.
- Roll out the dough to preferred thickness.
- Pour 1 Tbsp butter over the dough and spread it out.
- Mix the cinnamon and erythritol (of the filling) and spread it evenly over the dough.
- Roll the dough and cut into desired size.
- Place in muffin tin and brush remaining butter over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes (8 to 10 rolls).
- Mix frosting and chill.
I really enjoyed these cinnamon rolls. They are probably the best performing keto replacement I’ve made yet. They aren’t quite as good as the premade ones from the store, but it’s not even close to the sugar content.
One of these times, I’m going to have to try to add some orange concentrate or zest to make orange rolls. The frosting is where you would be able to get the most personalization. This recipe makes a decent amount of frosting, but if it is too much, or too little, or too sweet, or not sweet enough, you can fiddle with it a bit.
This is a recipe that took many iterations to get correct. I took the ingredients from a recipe I found and used my bagel recipe as a benchmark for the amounts. The original tastes alright to me though my wife liked it, but the rolls were tiny.